Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I wish I'd packed Post Title away in a box and set fire to it.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
   So I know that I haven't posted anything on here for a while.
   Shame, terrible, terrible shame.
   Anyway, today I finished a book that's totally going on my favorites shelf when I get my room back (this now-- that later. I am typing furiously right now... don't know why, but I kinda do, but I kinda don't... Bla! Just forget it.) called The Apothecary. It is one of the sweetest, saddest, emotional, action-packed, touching, depressing, heartwarming, magical, no-post-title, happiest, depressing (did I say that already...?), beautiful, caring, loving, empathetic, awesome, heartbreaking, wonderful, fantastic, well-written, surprising, untouchable, classic, heartbreaking yet heartwarming (did I say that already...?), intense, suspenseful, dangerous, extraordinary, bittersweet, eye-watering, original, cliff-hanging, spy-related, fantastical, happy, my-kind-of-thing, cool, daring, page-turning, victorious, superb books I have ever read. Read it. Read it now.

(Five seconds later)
Get off your lazy butt and go buy it already!
   You know, I hope some people actually read this. Especially all those writers I'm complimenting...
   Apothecary.
   By Maile Meloy.
   Sister of the person who wrote Wildwood. I'm on page 125 of that.
   Takes place in London,
   1952.
   It's the book you should have gotten right now...
   And be reading...
   And reading...
   And reading...
   Oh, how I loved that book.
   Waytogo, Macy!
   So, now I have 50 pages left of The Book of Awesome, then I'll have to make do for another two weeks without anything to read. How shall I survive... (Avatar, H2O: Just Add Water, Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Glee, and TAYLOR SWIFT is how)
   You see, on the second floor of my house there are 3 bedrooms. The biggest one, my parents get, and then the other two are the same size, although one has a way bigger closet. When we moved there, Mackenzie wasn't alive, so as I was the older one I got the bigger closet. So when Mackenzie came along, she bunked with Alexandra, resulting in two people sharing one small closet, and one person not having to share a big closet. (Yay for me!) Of course, even I knew this wasn't fair. So we're changing bedrooms. Doing this, I had to pack away my stuff, and i did the most idiotic thing possible.
   I packed my computer, phone, keys, and the two pairs of GLASSES I had in my bedroom away. Also, I labeled every box, except for four that said 'Books'... Stuff.
   I know, I have less common sense than a groundhog leaving underground without a blind-person stick.
   Stupid, stupid, stupid.
  Avatar joke: "How stupid do you think I am?" "Pretty stupid, actually,"
  So the day before I came to Peterborough, I went through every box, looking for my stuff. Do you know where they were? In the last box I hadn't looked in.
   Stupid, stupid, stupid.
   Avatar line: "Eurgh! Why am I such an idiot?!" (You have to watch the whole scene to get that one. Season 3, The Ember Island Players.)
   Anyway, I'm with my grandparents for two weeks in Peterborough now. Tomorrow is their 50th Wedding Anniversary!
    Read The Apothecary,
Honeybees

No comments:

Post a Comment