Saturday, October 20, 2012

I wish Post Title would die. Coach Hedge, go kill Post Title. Now. And record it.

Hi!
   Tonight I'm going to the Rainforest Cafe, which is just outside of Toronto. I haven't been there since I was about five, and I can't remember a thing about it so I'm really excited!
   In less than three weeks I'm going to Great Wolf Lodge for the second time. Even more exciting!
   I haven't gotten that far through my second short story, life's been really busy and I'm still buzzing and reeling from The Mark of Athena. Ahhhhh. Need House of Hades now. And all the things questions on Rick Riordan's blogs are probably about, yours truly, me, in my opinion.

Of course I've gotten a lot of questions since readers started finishing The Mark of Athena. The Q&A would run something like this:

Q. Why can't I have the next book NOW? I NEED IT!
A. The thing is, it doesn't exist yet. Sadly, each book takes a full year to write.

Q. I want to go forward in time and pull the next book out of fall 2013.
A: Gosh, me too. That would save me a lot of work. Unfortunately, Kronos the god of time is not a friend of mine . . .

Q. Why are you taking time to write a blog entry? Get back to writing House of Hades!!
A. Yeah, well, I do have to take breaks from time to time for, you know, eating and sleeping and stuff. That's also part of the process. Like Percy, I'm pretty ADHD. I tend to write in a 'hit and run' fashion. Write a page. Get up a walk around. Check email. Write another page. Take the dog out. Etc. I've learned the hard way that if I treat writing like a nine-to-five job and sit at my computer for hours on end, my productivity and quality don't increase. I just stare at the screen more. Having said that, yes, I am trying to limit my time doing other things, so if you don't see a lot of new blog entries, that's why!

See? That's me. I think the first one fit me best.
Honeybees

No comments:

Post a Comment